Title: Ballpark Security Guard
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Seasonal
Reports To: Ballpark Operations Manager
Last Revision Date: December 6, 2021
The Ballpark Security Guard will provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers and ballpark personnel.
- Conduct safety measures for ingress/egress of Werner Park
- Patrol of property and observation of fan conduct
- Enforcement of rules and event policies at gates and within ballpark
- Provide de-escalation tactics when addressing concerns during events
- Work in conjunction with Ballpark Operations Staff to ensure operation at gates is both effective and efficient
- Complete incident reports as necessary
- Communicate daily with Ballpark Manager any concerns or suggestions to improve the overall safety of Werner Park and its guests
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to incidents and emergency situations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED)
- Must be willing to submit to a background screen; any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screen
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including occasional nights, weekends and holidays
This job is performed in a ballpark and therefore there is possible exposure to extreme weather conditions. This individual will operate heavy machinery and power tools. There is also exposure to chemicals on a regular basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.