The Louisville Bats, the Triple A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, are looking for Stadium Operations/ Event Management Interns for the 2021 season at Louisville Slugger Field. These positions will provide valuable learning experience in the field of event and facility management, as well as professional baseball game day operations. Interns may use this position to fulfill academic requirements in conjunction with your university or college, as this is a learning experience. This position reports to the Stadium Operations Manager.
Skills, Qualifications, Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or obtained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in facility or sports environment, or any work in a customer service environment
- Willingness to learn, honesty and strong attention to detail
- Dependable with a professional attitude
- Hard working and versatile with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with all personalities
- Being able to make decisions, multitask and meet deadlines in a stressful environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with facility/event management staff for preparation of games and events
- Assist with checking the cleanliness of the stadium before each game and event
- Support the operations staff with planning, set-up and staging of stadium events
- Support operations staff with security issues and securing the stadium after events
- Help with overseeing Promotional Giveaways and/or promotional acts’ needs
- Assist with management of game day staff and help with customer service issues
- Assist with events/stadium rental activities
- Support grounds operation staff when needed
- Help in the hiring process of game day employee staff
- Assist Maintenance with routine maintenance on the stadium
- Other duties as assigned
The Louisville Bats are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.