The Director of Finance is responsible for all aspects of organizational accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting. Direct functions that this role supervises are: financial entries/reporting, budget preparation, bank reconciliations, deposits and cash management. In addition, the Director of Finance also manages the Human Resources functions and all regulatory aspects of the organization. A separate Director, Administration position works closely with the Director, Finance and is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and invoicing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare all financial reports & analysis, including P&L/Income Statement and Balance Sheet on a monthly basis
- Monitor and manage all team bank and financial accounts, provide weekly cash flow report
- Reviews and cross-checks payables, receivables and payroll functions
- Reconcile and analyze company financial reports
- Work with department heads to ensure adherence to established budgets
- Oversee all activities relating to cash management during games and events
- Facilitate all bank reconciliations
- Work with department heads to prepare annual budgets, monitor & control actual financial revenues & expenditures
- Monitor and audit internal control functions
- Oversee the company general ledger and accounting software systems to insure team accounting practices fall within generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee insurance procurement/administration
- Provide financial analysis on various functions as requested
- File and secure needed business licenses and permits
- Maintain corporate records and paperwork
- Act as liaison for external auditors
- Prepare various tax reports and returns as needed.
- Prepare amortization and depreciation schedules on capitalized assets.
- Handle workers compensation administration
- Co-Supervise Finance resources and game staff
- Conduct various internal audits of the business as necessary
- Oversee IronPigs Charities (a 501c3 foundation) financial reports
- Other responsibilities as requested by the President/General Manager
- Perform Human Resources functions as necessary
- Administer all benefits programs, including enrollments, health insurance, retirement savings plans, yearly open enrollment and initiation of benefit programs
- Ensure team compliance with governmental regulations and prepare any required reports
- Prepare and update personnel policies and employee manuals
The Director, Finance will report directly to the organization’s Team President/General Manager and will work closely with this individual to ensure the overall health of the team’s accounting and financial reporting. The successful individual hired for this role will be an experienced individual with a strong financial background. A degree in Accounting or Finance is necessary. A CPA license is helpful, but not required. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary. Experience with Sage 100 Advanced accounting software (formerly MAS 200) helpful, but not required.
Compensation and benefits will be competitive with the industry and assessed based upon the candidate’s background and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.