With an award-winning ballpark, annually high attendance, a consistent creative marketing prowess and a commitment to our community involvement, the IronPigs are one of the most highly respected teams in Minor League Baseball. We are now looking for a high-performing, innovative, positive, and dynamic professional to build, develop and lead our Ticket Department. The candidate should be able to lead a large sales team and possess excellent customer service strengths. In addition, the successful candidate will possess a creative, positive, hard-working and enthusiastic attitude.
TITLE: Vice President, Ticket Sales
REPORTS TO: Kurt Landes, President & General Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of five years of sales experience in the sports industry. Managerial experience is required.
SALARY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits. The compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Develop and implement sales strategies and initiatives to expand the team’s customer base.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Ticket Sales Department and provide overall direction and leadership.
- Exceed departmental goals for season seats, groups, and premium seating.
- Manage structure elements to ensure staff is maximizing their daily routines to reach higher success.
- Enact a system of rewards and accountability, based on process steps.
- Continually hire, train, motivate and develop sales staff and sales directors.
- Run and manage sales meetings. Ensure that one to one meetings are occurring.
- Manage ticket operations.
- Work with the ticket operations and marketing departments to collect and mine data, maintain databases, develop support collateral and create marketing campaigns as needed to promote and support ticket sales.
- Assist staff on appointments and phone calls, as necessary. Sell ticket inventory, as necessary.
- Provide sales tracking reports on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provide unsurpassed guest service for all customers, focusing on long-lasting relationships. Abide by all provided service standards and demonstrate the team’s culture of service daily. Oversee Guest Experience strategies and Ticket Membership fulfillment process.
- Plan and execute renewal strategies for groups, seasons, and premium seating.
- Understand industry- and community-specific landscapes & trends. Enact plans accordingly to capitalize.
- Ensure that both advance and individual ticketing revenues are growing.
- Prepare, review, and manage departmental budgets.
- Provide feedback on organizational initiatives, plans, direction and strategy as they relate to ticket sales and fan retention/experience.
- Oversee management of the team’s CRM, ballpark credit and ticket purchasing software
- Attend networking events in the community and represent team appropriately.
- Perform and work other initiatives and events as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Proven sales and sales management experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate credibly and effectively through all levels of an organization and with guests.
- Proven ability to enact and manage a sales process.
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.