The Charlotte Knights are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. Since the 2014 inaugural season in beautiful BB&T Ballpark in Uptown Charlotte, the Knights have hosted over 3.8 million baseball fans.
Video Production Associates are seasonal part-time employees who report directly to the Director of Video Production and Vice President of Entertainment. PA staff will fulfill a number of production tasks: marketing, promotions, ballpark entertainment, TV and internet broadcast, and social/digital media. Associates will work January 2020 through September 2020.
Production Associates work at least 15 hours and no more than 39.5 hours per week. Report times will vary depending on Knights home games, BB&T Ballpark special events, and the entertainment department’s production schedule.
- Edit and update graphic content for display on BB&T Ballpark’s LED or digital displays.
- Produce and edit videos as requested with proper color correction and audio mixing.
- Participate in game-day productions: clip-logging, replay, video ops, other duties as assigned.
- Pitch and produce concepts for web shorts, evergreen pieces, rain delay and player-focused content.
- Fulfill video requests from fans, the International League, Minor League Baseball and the Chicago White Sox.
- Log and maintain video libraries of game highlights, video projects, interviews, animations, etc.
- Execute sponsorship elements for Knights home games in conjunction with promotions staff.
- Work BB&T Ballpark special events (corporate events, seminars, festivals, etc.) as needed.
- Complete other staff or administrative duties as assigned.
- Experience with Adobe (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects) or similar production platform.
- Creativity and an eye for both production values and graphic design principles.
- Working knowledge of baseball and/or sports broadcast production.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated history of success in a team environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Punctuality and regular attendance with flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- College Degree in broadcast, graphic design, sports broadcast/journalism, or a related field.
- Prior job experience or classwork in a live production environment is required.
- Bilingual communication skills (English, Spanish) is a plus but not a requirement.
- All candidates must submit three (3) video samples and three (3) graphic design samples that accurately demonstrate one’s abilities in Adobe Creative Cloud or similar production platforms.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: January through September 2020
HOURS: Up to 39.5 hours per week; schedule includes holidays, nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.