Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Video Content & Website Manager is responsible for supporting the design and development of creative content for in-game entertainment, website, TV commercials, marketing, social media, and sales for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. This position will also run point for the Team website, swbrailriders.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and produce creative video content for all RailRiders home games, social media and special events.
- Provide creative services in the fields of video production and motion graphics.
- Participate in brainstorming and problem-solving solutions for creative & technical solutions.
- Pitch and produce concepts for web & social content, evergreen pieces, rain delay and player focused content.
- Develop and/or update web content, make adjustments to the design.
- Oversee all aspects of the Team’s website (swbrailriders.com).
- Work with the Social Media Manager to create engaging campaigns to drive social media impressions.
- Log and maintain video libraries of game highlights, video projects, interviews and animations.
- Supervise, schedule and direct PA Announcer, music operator, CCTV crew, Dak stats and scoreboard operator for all Team home games.
- Proper reporting to RailRiders administration staff regarding part-time employees.
- Oversee all aspects of audio/video production, sound, close circuit TV, control room and tech crew.
- Produce, edit and deliver creative audio/ visual content for game day projects including but not limited to pump up videos, interviews, highlights, commercials, animations, head shots etc.
- Produce, edit and deliver creative broadcast quality audio/ visual content through swbrailriders.com, MiLB BAM, MiLB Network, YES Network and all other SWB RailRiders
- broadcasting, web and media partners as well as video duplications in multiple formats.
- Log and capture videos, help manage and maintain production equipment and workflow.
- Operate & understand all game day production positions such as Pix Granite Production Switcher, Crossfire Click Effects, New Tek Replay, Daktronics Show Control and Content Studio equipment..
- Work with the sponsor services department to ensure all sponsored game night elements are created and ready for game presentation.
- Create motion graphics and designs for all video displays.
- Responsible purchasing equipment, scheduling shoots, obtaining permits, tracking invoices, etc.
- Create and maintain departmental budget.
- Work with sponsor services department to cut video for end of season sponsor proof of performance reports and sales proposals.
- Work closely with Entertainment and Promotions Coordinator to enhance game entertainment and overall fan experience.
- Off-season highlight video production for web and special projects.
- Continual research and exploration of video and motion graphic techniques, ideas and executions across all industries.
- Create & execute all website related content
- Assist with all special events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- 2+ years of progressive experience in digital media, specifically video production.
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience in programs such as Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Familiarity with Adobe Spark.
- Knowledge of and experience with MiLB’s current website platform, a plus.
- Loyalty to the brand, fellow co-workers and the overall organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Superior planning capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others.
- High level of poise and professionalism.
- Application Requirement
- Candidates must provide links to previous motion graphics/video production work in their application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.