Job Title: Motion & Graphic Designer
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Promotions
Department: Corporate Sales & Marketing
Effective: October 2019
As a member of the creative team, you will be responsible for creating forward thinking, captivating visual concepts to communicate our brand messaging to our fans, clients, and partners. You will help in the development of concepts, designs and the production of a variety of projects to support marketing, communications/digital media, merchandise, sponsorship, ticket sales efforts and more through designs that maintain brand consistency.
- Work with creative team to design marketing and advertising collateral including by not limited to digital ads, emails, social media, print and other medias according to marketing campaign
- Provide a strong skill set in motion design including GIFs, three-dimensional motion graphics and other animations
- Optimize consistency and ensure accuracy of interactive communications adhering to brand standards and protocols
- Identify new opportunities to expand the Indians brand through new and traditional mediums • Work with a wide range of media platforms, including print, digital, photography and videography
- Assist corporate sales team with specialty graphics needed for presentations and new business pitches
- Provide a high-level of service and support to internal departments, partners and Indians fans
- Assist in game presentation through a variety of positions including but not limited to control room opportunities, on-field logistics, photography or social media needs.
- Participate in development and production of Indians monthly game day programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Assist in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, and typestyles
- Maintain knowledge of current design trends and methods
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic or motion design, digital media, or related field and 1-2 years of relevant experience preferably in a sports environment.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to multitask and work long hours including but not limited to nights, weekends and summer holidays.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure (when eligible) Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan (when eligible) and health insuranceAbout the Indianapolis Indians:
The Indianapolis Indians
are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The organization’s mission is to provide Indians baseball at Victory Field as affordable and memorable family fun. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 14,200-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996 and has received numerous national accolades
as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States. In 2013, 2016 and 2017, the Indians led all of Minor League Baseball in overall attendance, while in 2014 and 2015 set Victory Field single-season attendance records. The team has been in continuous operation since 1902. Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.