The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are looking for a creative graphic designer to join our team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to design collateral material, logos, digital content, flyers, photo manipulation, and other design/production projects, while also utilizing your design skills to develop professional and persuasive materials that represent our brand in the market. Candidate should understand the process of taking a job from conception through completion including: opening of job, scheduling, job estimating, designing, presenting and print production. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
The Graphic Designer will hold the following key responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in Windows on a PC Platform with the ability troubleshoot and multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent graphic design with proficiency in Adobe CS including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Create digital and print media, marketing & sales collateral, advertisements, presentations and promotional pieces as assigned.
- Participate in the creative process to develop campaigns and ideas.
- Assist in maintaining the brand standards of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.
- Ensure that all projects are created and delivered on time and that all artwork is consistent and updated.
- Photo manipulation on digital images; resize, crop, add/remove objects, and color correct.
- Knowledge in building static and basic animated advertising for web and email.
- Knowledge of design pre-press procedures to complete artwork for final production.
- Ability to quickly grasp requests, prioritize tasks and survive a very demanding schedule with a professional and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Must be a self-starter, possess strong communications skills and have the ability to work well in a team atmosphere and interact with executives and staff at all levels.
- Experience streamlining Audio Visual and/or Flash into PowerPoint a plus.
- Copywriting/proofreading skill a plus.
- Ability to create motion graphics, transitions, backgrounds, effects and animations for all in-ballpark boards a plus.
- Complete projects on time and on budget.
- Respond to direction with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by department head.
- Assist with all special events as assigned.
An ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Some knowledge of HTML or web design a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience.
- Must have or be able to provide a portfolio of previous work.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Must have working knowledge of print production and retouching process.
- Interpersonal skills –listens to others, works well in a team environment.
- Adaptability – adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent changes.
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Contribute to a creative environment that is conducive to efficient, consistent design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.