The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (AAA Affiliate of the New York Yankees) are looking for energetic, professional, and self-motivated individuals who have a passion for sports and ticket sales. Inside Sales Representatives participate in a sales development program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the sports sales industry. This individual will receive detailed and comprehensive sports sales training with a strong focus on developing the skills necessary to become an industry sales leader. The training will benefit the individual’s career growth as a full menu sports sales representative.
This position’s focus is group and new season ticket revenue for the 2020 Regular Season for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. A core function of this program is proactively and aggressively generating new group and season ticket revenue through outbound calls, in game invites, ball park tours, and team-related events. This is a commission driven, hourly position that does not include benefits.
- Generate revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face to face appointments, arena tours, prospecting, and networking
- Conduct high amounts of new business calls on a daily basis, minimum 80 calls per day
- Conduct face to face sales presentations with prospects and potential customers
- Provide prompt, thorough, and courteous responses to all inbound & outbound customer communication – phone calls, emails, mail, etc.
- Work all home games to ensure great customer service to all clients and fans
- Ability to provide an outstanding level of customer service
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
- Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Quality presentation skills – ability to create, analyze, interpret, and present reports and correspondence
- Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Compliance with organizational directives
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Minimum expectation of 80 calls per day
- Individual sales goals
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior sports sales experience a plus
- Familiarity with professional sports
- Ability to conduct face to face business meetings
- Motivated to start/continue career in professional sports
- Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus
- Entry level, commission based & salary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.