Job Title: Client Services Manager
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports To: Vice President Sales
Employee Classification: Exempt
CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS OVERVIEW
The Charlotte Knights, Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, are completing their sixth season at the BB&T Ballpark. Since opening what has been recognized as the “Best Minor League Ballpark” in the country by Baseball America in an industry survey, the Knights have led Minor League Baseball in attendance four times and are among the leaders in overall revenue generation. As the Knights organization prepares for the 2020 season and beyond, we’re looking for a driven self-starter to join our sales team and help us take our success to another level. Situated in one of the fastest growing markets in the United States and with new untapped business primed for potential partnerships, the opportunity for organizational and personal growth is substantial.
Oversee fulfillment and activation of Corporate Sponsorship through the management of the account service process. Oversees and participates in the renewal of corporate accounts through the strategic creation of annual sponsor summary kits. Assist in the development of compelling partnership marketing platforms to create incremental revenue. Fulfill all contractual elements including in-stadium assets, broadcast commitments, hospitality and promotions. Coordinate with other departments in marketing, community relations, and public relations in the fulfillment of sponsor programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises: Assist with the supervision of corporate partner account managers and Interns (based on the future growth in department size)
- Strategically and creatively establish activation platforms for potential and existing corporate partners that drive the business of both the team and client.
- Create added value and up-sale opportunities for existing client base.
- Participate in the corporate partnership renewal accounts process.
- Oversee and ensure 100% delivery of contractual obligations.
- Strategic planning on ways to increase efficiency of the execution associated with all activation and renewal-related initiatives.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison with internal Marketing and Game Operations department to facilitate planning process, ensure timely communication of marketing initiatives and enhance partner marketing opportunities.
- Serve as main internal point of contact as it relates to the fulfillment of existing Corporate Partnership agreements.
- Creates and oversees the design and creation of all corporate partner sales & activation collateral pieces, and point of sale materials for retail programs.
- Coordinate game night rotation for Corporate Sales Account Coordinators, and interns as well as participating in game night responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and manage an internal and external customer satisfaction measurement tool to increase renewal rates and to be used in employee evaluations.
- Maintain and update departmental timeline, tracking key deadlines and target dates.
- Secure all necessary team and league approvals of related partner promotional materials.
- Coordinate and implement regular company-wide communications encouraging the support and participation of staff members in various Corporate Partner promotions and events.
- Manage and track all metrics required by corporate sponsors for proof of performance.
- Oversee and manage the delivery of all Corporate Partner Welcome Kit and Recap packages.
- Hire and supervise departmental interns and manage their workflow.
- Conduct semiannual job performance reviews of interns
- Provide the service staff with goals, policies, mentorship and leadership to deliver outrageous customer service to the team’s partners
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the Sports or Entertainment Industry
- Proven experience with corporate partnership sales and service.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong creativity skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments/organizations over which you have no formal authority.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays during baseball season.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift boxes, set up promotional display and to assist with in-stadium game promotions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.