The Charlotte Knights are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and 2018 marks our 20th season with the storied franchise. Over 2.6M fans have attended Knights games at BB&T Ballpark since our 2014 inaugural season. 2018 marks our fifth season in Uptown Charlotte amid our march to the 3M mark in attendance among other industry benchmarks.
Production Associates are seasonal, part-time employees who report directly to the Director of Video Production and Vice President of Entertainment. PA staff will fulfill a number of production tasks tied into marketing, promotions, ballpark entertainment, TV and internet broadcast, and social/digital media. Associates can expect to work January through September 2018, coinciding with the Knights baseball season.
Production Associates will work at least 15 hours and no more than 39.5 hours per week. Report times will vary depending on Knights home games, BB&T Ballpark special events, and the entertainment department’s production schedule.
- Edit and update graphic content for display on BB&T Ballpark’s LED or digital displays.
- Produce and edit videos as requested with proper color correction and audio mixing.
- Participate in game-day productions: clip-logging, replay, video ops, other duties as assigned.
- Capture behind-the-scenes and “bonus” footage of BB&T Ballpark during Knights home games.
- Pitch concepts for web shorts, evergreen pieces, rain delay content, and player-focused content.
- Fulfill all video requests from fans, internal departments, IL, MiLB, and Chicago White Sox.
- Log and maintain video libraries of game highlights, video projects, interviews, animations, etc.
- Execute sponsorship elements for Knights home games in conjunction with promotions staff.
- Work BB&T Ballpark special events (corporate events, seminars, festivals, etc.) as needed.
- Complete other staff or administrative duties as assigned.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After FX) or similar platform.
- Creativity and an eye for both production values and graphic design principles.
- Working knowledge of baseball and/or sports broadcast production.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated history of success in a team environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Punctuality and regular attendance with flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- College Degree in broadcast, graphic design, sports broadcast, or a related field.
- Prior job experience or classwork in a live production environment is required.
- All candidates must submit three (3) video samples and three (3) graphic design samples that accurately demonstrate one’s abilities in Adobe Creative Cloud or similar production platforms.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: January through September 2018
HOURS: Up to 39.5 hours per week; schedule includes holidays, nights and weekends