The Lehigh Valley IronPigs, Triple-A Affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, are looking to hire several associates for the 2020 baseball season. The IronPigs Seasonal Associate (Full-time internship) program is a comprehensive internship that is designed to prepare college students with an interest in the sports industry for a full-time career within the industry.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Seasonal Associate candidates will need to be available for the entire internship program (Approximately January 6th through September 12th)
- This is a full-time internship. Candidates will be required to work all normal business hours including games. Additional weekends and Holidays will also be required.
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or obtained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Internship credits are available for those seeking college credit
- Willingness to learn and excel in the sports industry is strongly desired.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and handle time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond to change quickly
- Team player willing to go above and beyond
- Assist on tarp pulls
- Reception desk phone coverage when needed
- Perform as or escort mascot to community appearances
- Other duties as assigned
The following internships are available:
- Sell season and partial ticket packages, plan and sell group theme nights, prepare finalized ticket and group packages, answer incoming ticket sales, work ticket windows during the business day, games and weekends.
* Assist in the database management of the ticket system, group reservation and group bookings, assist in the fulfillment process of all group, hospitality and membership packages, assist the ticket sales interns in answering and processing ticket orders over the phone and at the ticket windows, work the ticket windows during the business day, games and weekends
Food & Beverage
- Assist on training program for all workers and staff, supervise food &beverage operations and staff, responsible for upkeep of employee files including new hire paperwork, scheduling of game day staff, record daily concession and portable inventories.
- Assist in Managing the Majestic Clubhouse Store, preparing financial reports and deposits, receiving and processing merchandise for sale, overseeing daily operations of the store, fan engagement and elevating the fan experience
- Maintain online store, promote store and merchandise through social media, responsible for phone orders, group orders, maintain all storage areas, daily set-up and execution of all merchandise points of sale.
- Work most of the teams 70 Home Games, non-baseball Special Events at Coca-Cola Park, and full-time Office Hours on IronPigs Production Staff; Game responsibilities include directing in-house broadcast and operating Videoboard Animations and Graphics, Replay Decks, and Camera.
- Assist with the Production of Graphics and Animations to be used during home games for both In-Game Entertainment and to fulfill sponsorships requirements.
- Produce and Upload Video Content for IronPigsBaseball.com and Social Media, and other in-game uses.
- Prepare Control Room on Gamedays
- Coordinate Video Shoots with IronPigs Players and Staff
- Show the initiative to learn more about each production position.
- Other Duties as assigned
* The Digital Media Associate will work closely with the Director, Digital Media & Communications to create unique, engaging content for the team’s digital platforms. The successful candidate will assist in the management of all IronPigs social media channels, as well as IronPigsBaseball.com. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as knowledge of the game of baseball are required. Experience with photography/videography and Adobe Creative Cloud are preferred.
* Assist in all maintenance issues, assist in hiring and scheduling of game staff (parking, security and cleaning crew), helping with set-up and breakdown of game related activities, and troubleshoot day to day problems relating to ballpark operations.
APPLICATION: Please include both a resume and a cover letter.