Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Status: Full Time
Reports To: AGM – Tickets & Operations
Department: Business Operations
Effective: October 2019
The Indianapolis Indians are seeking a full-time Business Intelligence Analyst to translate data into business insight and growth by developing a strategic, quantitative and analytical approach to the organization’s marketing, ticketing, sales processes and revenue generation. This will improve demographic understanding, market approach, forecasting, innovation and accountability while resulting in solutions that better goal development, measurability and profitability.
- Acquire, organize, analyze and present data from ticket sales, marketing campaigns, social media, website engagement, corporate partnership sales, merchandise/e-commerce sales, concession sales, market research and other business verticals.
- Oversee sales and marketing analytics via Stellar Algo platform including customer retention, segmentation and profiling, needs analysis, predictive modeling and other types of strategic business analysis
- Work with internal and external teams to identify areas of growth opportunity, increase profitability and optimize effectiveness
- Create and deliver polished, in-depth and understandable analysis and reporting, both historical and predictive, that provide actionable recommendations to achieve and surpass business goals
- Serve a key role owning and defining digital performance reporting and analysis while establishing best practices and standards in business intelligence
- Maintain data integrity within internal business data warehouse, CRM and e-marketing systems such as Tickets.com, Score and Crowd Connect
- Administer customer related data entry in CRM to ensure consistency with processes, segmentation and the ability to apply appropriate analytics
- Monitor data science trends, emerging tools and technologies for future improvements
- Propose, manage and execute A/B tests and personalization strategies
- Respond to ad hoc analytical requests through exploration of data to discover trends and identify improvement opportunities
- Develop engaging dashboards that assist in planning and decision making
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Informatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or related field and 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a professional sports management environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, vendors, partners, fans and other supporters
- Articulate professional communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-starter, with a strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM, programming language (SQL, etc.), web analytics platforms (Google Analytics), data visualization tools (Tableu, etc.)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include up to 14 hours/day and up to 90 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure (when eligible)
- Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan (when eligible) and health, dental and vision insurance
About the Indianapolis Indians:
The Indianapolis Indians
are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 14,200-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996 and has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past six seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.