People come to Capitol Broadcasting and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
We are seeking a dynamic Executive Chef!
Job Description: Responsible for managing/overseeing production, operation, and sanitation aspects of all culinary and stewarding operations throughout Facility. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct, implement and maintain a guest service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective team members.
- People and product focused hands on management of day to day operations of all food outlet kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Plan innovative menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix. Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Prepare reports regarding food and menu analysis.
- Oversees inventory management to assure all outlets are adequately supplied at all times. Performs periodic inventory. Requisitioning and Purchasing. Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Oversees the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Maintain and abide by County health/sanitation standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Provide efficient service and quality products by maintaining positive customer and client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices.
- Maintain cost as it pertains to labor and operating supplies while working within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis.
- Maintain staff and ensure proper hiring and promoting of associates.
- Exhibit leadership for all direct reports though consistent communication, commendations and disciplinary action for all associates related to the culinary department
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
- The ideal candidate will have a culinary degree or have graduated from a certified apprenticeship program with a minimum of 5 years management experience in the contract food service industry, preferably in premium services, catering and concessions environment for a sports and entertainment venue.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, and food and labor costs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management skills.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- High level of attention to detail and organization.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.