Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced part-time Concessions Stand Manager to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium. Under the direction of the Concessions Manager and Level Supervisors, you will oversee operation of assigned concessions stand(s) and supervises stand personnel, in accordance with the Bull City Hospitality and applicable Health Department guidelines. This positions pays $10 per hour. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from April 5th to September 3rd, 2018.
As a Concessions Stand Manager, you will...
- Supervise and coordinate activities of stand attendants; trains Stand Attendants and assigns duties within the stand; enforces company policies and procedures
- Observe, evaluate and document job performances of attendants and cooks
- Ensures quality of products and accurate preparation of all food and beverage items as listed on stand sheet
- Ensure a quality appearance of the concession stand at all times; ensures that all work stations and the back of stands and storerooms remain clean
- Maintain level of inventory for stand throughout shift; orders replacement stock as necessary
- Oversee and participate in stand set-up and closing procedures; prepares stand sheets, balances inventory to cash, and closes out point-of-sale system with appropriate reports
- Pick up operating bank and enforces company cash handling procedures
- Reconcile monies to stand reports and/or inventory sheets according to company procedures
- Investigate discrepancies in monies and inventories with supervisors
- Analyze and resolve all guest and associate problems with the assistance of Level Supervisors
- Report all needed stand repairs to the Level Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Report all hazards or accidents immediately
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- Attend paid training during the month of March 2018 (date TBD)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Available to work all home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
- Hospitality, food and beverage, or customer service experience preferred
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.