Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team...the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced Part-Time Catering Kitchen Supervisor to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium. As a Part-Time Catering Kitchen Supervisor, you will be under the direction of the Catering Manager and Chef, supervise kitchen staff in accordance with the standards of Bull City Hospitality and applicable Health Department guidelines. This position pay is based on experience. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from March to September 2020.
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
As a Part-Time Catering Kitchen Supervisor, you will:
- Possess an understanding of offerings; knowledge of all stations, ability to educate guests and associates on products and ingredients
- Ensure products are prepared with a consistent, high quality outcome by following recipes, cooking techniques and educating team members on these practices
- Ensure associates are maintaining the overall appearance of the department, ensuring product levels are sustained throughout the day and food is well-merchandised to showcase quality and variety
- Educate associates on recipes and cooking techniques to ensure products are consistently prepared to showcase high standards of quality and guests receive a meal they can’t receive elsewhere
- Assist Catering Manager and Chef in running the kitchen and managing associates by performing tasks essential to the proper functioning of the department
- Knowledge of product inventory and seek ways to reduce waste by utilizing product in an efficient manner
- Provide instruction on company policies and procedures and ensure proper follow through
- Assist in the selection, training and management of all associates within the Food Service Department
- Ensure all associates follow all Food and Human Safety rules and regulations
- Report all hazards or accidents immediately
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by management
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- Attend paid training during the month of March 2020 (date TBD)
Requirements of a Part-Time Catering Kitchen Supervisor:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact as a team with co-workers and management
- Ability to self-direct and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Available to work all home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
- Consent to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be able to see, and communicate through speech and listening
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
You will be contacted by a recruiter from Headway Workforce Solutions regarding this position, if you are a good fit for the role.
Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.