Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced part-time Catering Attendant to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium. As a Catering Attendant, you will serve food and beverage products in banquet setting in accordance with the Bull City Hospitality alcohol policies and applicable Health Department guidelines. This position pays $10.00 per hour. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from April 5th to September 3rd, 2018.
As a Catering Attendant, you will...
- Create an outstanding customer service experience for each guest
- Set up tables for function in accordance with the banquet event order (BEO)
- Accurately transport food and beverages to guest in a timely manner
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and Bull City Hospitality service policies and procedures
- Perform necessary task to service guests including: taking and filling drink orders, providing refills, answering questions and clearing dirty dishes
- Notify guest of food and beverage preparation techniques
- Monitor guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled, handles any guest complaints
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guest and fellow associates
- Ensure proper stock of all products and supplies needed for service
- Break down event according to Bull City Hospitality procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of daily menus and prices
- Maintain knowledge of the Point of Sale System
- Accurately complete all transactions (cash and non-cash) and return accurate change to guests
- Complete daily inventory sheets properly
- Report all hazards and accidents immediately
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- Attend paid training during the month of March 2018 (date TBD)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Available to work all home games which includes holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
- Hospitality, food and beverage, or customer service experience preferred
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.