Bright lights. Big stage. It’s all in a day’s work as the Entertainment & Promotions Coordinator for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Triple-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees. As the Entertainment & Promotions Coordinator you are responsible for engaging the crowd in between innings with skits, videos, bits, gags and fun. Reporting to the Director of Marketing this role is responsible for everything related to game night, promoting fun and most importantly putting on an unforgettable show each night.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as on-field MC for game nights.
- Represent the team at community events, grassroots marketing programs and sponsor related activities as an ambassador of the team’s brand.
- Create and choreograph on-field inning skits using music, LED wall, video board and more.
- Manage inventory and maintain all promotional props and costumes.
- Assist in the development of game scripts, itinerary, addendum for PA and all audio, video and other in-game activity.
- Supervise mascots, entertainment hosts and part-time on-field entertainment team.
- Assist in the idea generation and creative process in creating audio/ visual content for game day projects including but not limited to pump videos, interviews, highlights, commercials, animations, head shots etc.
- Work with the sponsor services department to ensure all sponsored game night elements are created and ready for game presentation.
- Direct all setup and execution of pre-game, in-game and post-game elements.
- Responsible for all theme night and game night promotional development & execution – including giveaways, music, costumes, special set-up etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and upholding the guidelines and procedures for the game operations department.
- Create an energetic and inclusive atmosphere that captures the imagination of fans at PNC Field. Other duties as assigned by department head.
- Assist with all special events as assigned.
- The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- A minimum of one year of related experience in MiLB or related industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills and be very detail oriented.
- Must possess interpersonal communication (oral and written).
- Must be able to work ALL home games.
- Must be able to work the extended hours of game days and special events as scheduled.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Outgoing and energetic personality
- Professional sports game night experience.
- Knowledge of MiLB policies and procedures.
- Experience in marketing and events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Part-time game night staff and interns. Must be comfortable setting up schedules, submitting timecards and expense reports.