Sales & Marketing: Event Operations/Management
The Charlotte Knights, Triple-A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, playing in the state-of-the-art BB&T Ballpark in Uptown Charlotte, are looking for their next Director of Special Events. With outstanding facilities to host corporate, social, and philanthropic events, BB&T Ballpark is a premier destination in the region with spectacular views of Charlotte's picturesque skyline. With meeting spaces, banquet facilities, social areas, and opportunities for athletic and recreational events, BB&T Ballpark has hosted hundreds of special events since it opened in 2014. The new Director of Special Events will head up a two-person department with support from the Charlotte Knights full-time and associate staff to market, sell, and execute a variety of events.
Director of Special Events - Charlotte Knights (Charlotte, NC)
POSITION: Director of Special Events
SPECIAL EVENTS DEPARTMENT: This position is to focus on utilizing and maximizing all event space at BB&T Ballpark throughout the year, for Knights games as well as non-game days. Our focus is to provide excellent customer service and create memorable experiences and exceed event expectations.
JOB DESCRIPTION: A successful candidate for the Special Events Sales Manager position must be a self-motivated individual with strong sales, customer service, and organizational skills. This person will generate sales through outbound calls, following up with inquiries and through attending area networking events.
MANDATORY – Minimum three (3) years in event sales/coordination, preferably in the Charlotte market. Successful candidate will have a superior customer service mind-set possessing the character and experience to support our goal to “Be friendly and Be helpful”. Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, diplomacy in all situations, enthusiasm, and, to make customers and fellow employees feel valued, important and comfortable.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 9:00 am -5:30pm. Monday-Friday plus hours of special events which can include evenings and weekends.
OUTLINE OF JOB DUTIES:
- Generate a sales and marketing plan targeting special events/facility rentals for BB&T Ballpark
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate multiple complex assignments and projects across multiple organizational departments
- Prepare and maintain required documentation for all events. Responsible for estimates, cost projections and tracking event budgets
- Work with other Department Managers on cross-selling plans and referral based leads
- Attend business networking events including Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA), Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, Greater Charlotte Hotel and Tourism Association (HTA), Visit Charlotte, ISES
- Aggressive sales process with focus on maximizing each sale with upgrades
- Conduct tours and host information sessions for current and prospective clients
- Assist in other areas of the organization as needed
- Attend one to two Knights’ games per homestand to generate leads, network, and introduce spaces to potential clients (two games during first homestand)
- Regular lifting and moving of furnishings and other room decorations to set up for and tear down from special events
- Continually provide exceptional guest, partner and client experiences
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer and General Manager
The Charlotte Knights and BB&T Ballpark are the premier entertainment destination in Charlotte. We are dedicated to hiring the right people who will not only be individually motivated to succeed but more importantly will be team oriented. The above is an outline of your job responsibilities. Your responsibilities could increase or decrease at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.