Job Title: Ticket Services Assistant
Reports To: Ticket Services Manager
Effective: February 2022
Provide high level of customer service and assistance to all operations related to the tickets department including sales, services, premium services and special events.
- Service inbound customer phone calls and ticket orders keeping customer service a top priority.
- Service and process Full Season, Mini Season, Suite, Group and Individual ticket accounts.
- Execute daily ticket sales from point-of-sale terminal
- Provide strong support for ticket sales team while partnering with ticket sales executives to assist as needed.
- Provide staff support for all ticketing needs.
- Responsible for the counting and reconciling of daily money deposits.
- Maintain accurate database files and customer information utilizing ticketing databases.
- Recognize opportunities to enhance revenue and customer experiences whenever possible.
- Assist field operations with field maintenance - pulling tarp, clearing fireworks, etc.
- Pocket schedule distribution when scheduled by marketing department.
- Represent the Indians at various community outreach events.
- Box Office & front desk shifts in season, as assigned, on a rotating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or currently enrolled in a college/university.
Skills & Abilities:
- Character traits include enthusiasm, honesty and integrity and an eagerness to learn.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work up to 14 hours per day, up to 100 hours per week (in-season).
Dates: February 15, 2022 – September 30, 2022
Hours: 40+ hours per week in addition to all home games
Compensation: Competitive monthly stipend
About the Indianapolis Indians
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 13,750-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996, has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States, and in 2021, celebrated its 25th anniversary season. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past 11 seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.