Job Title: Community Outreach Assistant
Reports To: Community Outreach Manager
Department: Corporate Sales & Marketing
Effective: February 2022
The Indianapolis Indians seek a highly motivated individual that can make an immediate impact both within the organization and the Indianapolis community. Applicants should have a strong desire to grow their knowledge of philanthropic efforts within the sports industry.
- Organize and evaluate in-kind donation requests and fulfillment; maintain accurate records in donation database.
- Support and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with area not-for-profit organizations to strategically enhance the mission of Indianapolis Indians Charities.
- Lead community events/activities and implementation efforts critical to Indianapolis Indians Charities, including Indy Do Day, annual golf outing and other events.
- Execute and support fundraising activities to support desired programming and new ventures, including Tribe Tickets for Good, Minor League Baseball initiatives, grant writing, outreach to new and old donors, and increasing the charity’s presence in the community.
- Supervise gameday staff for any in park fundraising programs.
- Manage relationships with external partners related to Indianapolis Indians Charities.
- Collaborate with Indians’ marketing team on developing the IIC brand and annual marketing campaigns/materials, plus incorporating community programs into game presentation and ballpark activations.
- Coordinate with Community Outreach Manager to prepare meeting agendas, reports and materials for Indianapolis Indians Charities Board meetings.
- Manage on-site activation for non-profit partners at Indians games and special events.
- Represent the Indians at various community events and appearances.
- Work with communications team to create a high level of public awareness of Indians community relations programs and activities.
- Assist head groundskeeper with field maintenance - pulling tarp, clearing fireworks, etc.
- Box Office & front desk shifts in season, as assigned, on a rotating schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Majoring in or graduated with a degree in communications, public relations or related area of concentration.
- Applicants should have strong written and verbal communication skills; Spanish speaking a plus.
- Previous experience in community relations or similar field preferred.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work up to 14 hours per day, up to 100 hours per week (in-season).
Dates: February 15, 2022- September 30, 2022
Hours: 40+ hours per week in addition to all home games and community appearances as assigned
Compensation: Competitive monthly stipend
About the Indianapolis Indians
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 13,750-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996, has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States, and in 2021, celebrated its 25th anniversary season. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past 11 seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.