The Director of Corporate Partnerships is the department head that makes up the partnership sales team for the Stripers. The Director of Corporate partnerships will report directly to the Vice President and General Manager, and work closely with the Marketing Department, Season Ticket and Suites Department, Community Relations Department, and Special Events and Facility Rentals. He or She will be tasked with the development and sale of creative, thoughtful, partnership packages, from qualification to presentation through the close, to leading businesses in and around the Greater Atlanta Area. He or She will manage, teach, and coach the others in the department and will be held accountable for achievement of personal and departmental goals. Additional responsibilities include similar functions for concerts, festivals, facility rentals, and other sporting events at Coolray Field.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to meet a personal sales revenue budget by developing new corporate partnership relationships and growing existing relationships for both the Stripers and Coolray Field.
- Confer with prospective clients, utilizing product knowledge and research, to assess needs, determine goals, and develop budget.
- Using industry best practices to develop creative campaign strategies and presentations with corporate service team, select media to be used, determine timing and placement of materials, and estimate costs.
- Responsible for making numerous cold calls per week to generated leads and pre-qualified prospects.
- Meet weekly with Partnership Services Coordinator and Manager of Corporate Partnerships on pipeline management, teaching best practices, and goal achievement.
- Submit campaign proposals, suggested concepts, and estimated budgets, to the Vice President & General Manager for approval, making modifications as necessary.
- Responsible for prospecting in other advertising mediums such as outdoor, radio, and television.
- Responsible for entertaining clients in a variety of events such as baseball games, luncheons and dinners, and golf tournaments.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience & 1 year of management experience, preferred in the field of partnerships.
- BA or MS degree in sports management, hospitality management, marketing, or business.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of InDesign and or Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to blend an appreciation for the game of baseball with a flair for innovative venue entertainment for the purpose of creating and selling thoughtful and imaginative packages to the corporate community.
- Must possess strong communications skills to enable effective and frequent dialogue with prospects, clients, and account managers, as well as other departments such as marketing, stadium operations, concessions, special events, and baseball operations to ensure proper implementation of sold inventory.
- Strong presentation skills are a must! Familiarity with television, radio, and internet sales preferred.
- Must be able to identify and generate solid leads and act on them.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Ability to exert light physical effort which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight.
- Must complete a successful Criminal and Credit background check
The Atlanta National League Baseball Club, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. A diverse workforce representing varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences is key to delivering on our business promise to our fans and the communities we serve. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply.
If you are disabled as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act and require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your online application, including making a change to the application process, please contact our Human Resources team at PeopleCapital@braves.com
Please note that the Atlanta Braves and all affiliated locations are currently operating under COVID-19 protocols, to include the mandatory use of a face covering by all persons while on property. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be directed to PeopleCapital@braves.com.