Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing & Communications plays a key leadership role within the team. Responsible for providing brand management, strategic leadership, along with the development, planning and implementation of the overall marketing/social strategy for the Durham Bulls to achieve the objective of sales growth and visibility while ensuring a consistent brand. Position also leads communications and community engagement activities for the organization to create passionate and raving fans.
- Provides leadership for all PR, community engagement, communications, marketing, creative design, social media, branding, and digital activities.
- Creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan that will enhance the Durham Bulls brand, audience engagement and generate individual ticket sales.
- Developing go-to-market strategies for ticketing products, assist in guiding sales process, etc
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Oversees all social media and online engagement and drives strategy behind the tone, voice and growth of these platforms. Supports staff in its implementation.
- Oversees all website and digital strategies including website content, blog, podcast, contests, and the sites “look and feel.” Supports staff in implementation.
- Manage and improve online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- Establish a clear brand roadmap that will drive the team’s day-to-day and long-term business and brand vision to realize real business results.
- Represents team to the press and public by acting as chief team spokesperson.
- Measures effectiveness of the marketing programs, optimizes and implement improvements.
- Oversees all branded collateral including but not limited to ads, signage, promotional items, uniforms, digital assets, etc.
- Develops contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the team and its products or services in front of public.
- Coordinate and manage inbound media requests.
- Utilize databases and analytical processes to drive growth.
- Develops and conducts customer opinion surveys.
- Conceptualize, collaborate, and coordinate the procurement of all team publications.
- Coordinate the appearance of all team print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Ensure that the Durham Bulls regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Assist with the fulfillment of corporate sponsorship contracts as it relates to signage, in-game promotions, videoboard, and print materials.
- Track and report weekly press mentions and organize press reports.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, sport marketing.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success.
- Strong oral and written skills required, including writing press releases and similar media communications, and ability to create proposals and presentations.
- Comfortable, confident, friendly on-camera presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding of social media and branding.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success, preferably with a sports organization.
- Social media and analytics experience are preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with web design.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and other general-purpose tools.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and some form of content management platform.
- Tools to understand how audience is engaging with our platforms.
In order to be successful in this role:
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented with ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Must stay up to date on latest technology and best practices.
- Must be an outside-the-box thinker who can convey the team’s messaging in unique ways.
- Must be a self-starter and able to take on projects on their own.
- A strategic thinking and problem-solving mentality.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.