Sugar Land Skeeters Mascot Assistant - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Sugar Land Skeeters jobs
Sports Jobs in Sugar Land · TX
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
Department: Sugar Land Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Mascot Coordinator
Classification: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Sugar Land Skeeters Mascot Assistant will serve as the bridge between fans and the Skeeters mascot and represent the SLS brand at community appearances, game day activation support, and other grassroots events. The Skeeters are looking for outgoing, energetic personalities to help naturally generate brand awareness, cultivate fan engagement, and work alongside the Sugar Land Skeeters full time mascot performer.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working at on and off-site events assisting the mascot (i.e. baseball games, stadium events, youth baseball related functions, corporate events, festivals, Reading Program visits, school visits, etc.).
- Provide logistical assistance to the mascot during appearances. For example, acting as the point of contact upon arrival to appearances.
- Mascot Assistants are also considered performers in their duties and must be prepared to interact with fans in an engaging manner alongside the mascot performer.
- Assist in Game Day Operations for the mascot, including:
- Engaging with fans both in performance of skits and while assisting the mascot.
- Set up and tear down of skits and in-game activations.
- Working in tandem with a second assistant during games.
- Tracking the game and ensuring activations happen at correct timing.
- Assist with content collection for social media accounts.
- Maintain and clean the mascot locker room, costumes, and props.
- Potential opportunities to fill in for mascot if approved.
- Assist with creative planning and execution (gameday, props, videos, and social media)
- Other areas Assistants may be utilized:
- School Shows.
- Assisting with video production days, media days, prop build days, and training days.
- Preparation meetings for upcoming season including planning and rehearsing skits for games.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Comfortable working in large crowds, performing in skits, and engaging fans through direct interaction
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Solid communication skills and timeliness.
- Ability to be a team player
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and work outdoors in inclement and/or hot weather.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Experience in performance or entertainment
- Experience on a team or other group organization
The position will perform work in a stadium, office, and local community environment where noise/crowd levels greatly vary. The position is subject to varying temperatures and weather extremes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (3-4); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected for this position. Appearances may include use of own vehicle to meet at local locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.