Sugar Land Skeeters Manager, Box Office Operations - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Sugar Land Skeeters jobs
Sports Jobs in Sugar Land · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Ticket Sales and Service
Department: Ticket Sales and Service
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Box Office Operations Manager is a key position that provides leadership in the Box Office and plays a crucial collaboration role within all departments of the Club. This position plans, organizes and controls the operations, activities and staff of a centralized Box Office. For our customers, this position creates a comfortable ticket purchasing atmosphere making the buying process easy and customer friendly. Internally, the Box Office Operations Manager has financial responsibilities of an accountant, providing timely and accurate reports of all transactions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annually collaborates on a draft budget and forecasts season ticket, mini-plan and walkup projections. The budget should detail revenues and expenses by category and department expenses. The plan shall outline the manner in which the draft budget is to be achieved. Specific examples of collaboration include but are not limited to:
- Marketing Department for ticket specific marketing initiatives.
- Finance Department for financial detail and accuracy.
- Review and approve vendor invoices for the ticketing department.
2. Ticket Inventory and Processing
Manage all aspects of Constellation Field’s ticketing inventory. Lead the support, processing and execution of all package ticketing elements. Specific examples include but are not limited to:
- Create and organize event manifests & price codes in ticketing system.
- Maintain accurate ticketing records of all ticket buyers.
- Order all ticket and parking processing materials including: ticket stock, prepackaged ticket books, parking passes, etc.
- Monitor season ticket holds from previous year and know when to release holds.
- Handle and fulfill all internal ticket requests.
- Assist the Business Development department with processing season ticket renewals, invoices and payments related to field box and premium season tickets.
3. Customer’s Ticket Buying Experience
Manage the customer’s ticket buying experience through the Box Office, team website and Tickets.com. This framework should be externally customer service friendly, fluid, accurate, clean and efficient.
Specific examples include but are not limited to:
- Maintain public ticket office hours Monday through Friday, plus all stadium ticketed events. Properly staff for in-person and phone sales.
- Ensure physical area is well kept. Floor mopped/vacuumed. Windows free of handprints and dirt. Counter space tidy.
- Ensure sales information presented to the public is simple, current, straight forward, and easy to find.
4. Internal Operations
Operate the day-to-day administrative framework for the ticket sales department. This framework should be internally fluid, efficient, financially sound, and accurate. Create and maintain detailed ticket reports on a schedule as outlined by the Senior Director of Finance or General Manager. Specific examples include but are not limited to:
- Work with Marketing and Business Development departments to create and implement upsell opportunities for events.
- Provide daily and weekly ticket reports, assist sponsorship service manager and group service manager with creating sales scorecards, short-range and long-range presale, package ticket sales.
- Maintain care of ticket office equipment including hardware, software and supplies.
- Provide Purchase Orders to on-site concessionaire for catered group events.
Recruit, hire, train and supervise designated staff: full-time Box Office Associate, part-time Box Office sellers and Game Day ticket takers. Arrange the staffing hours, including all daytime and event shifts. This is in line with the department budget and should accommodate all event needs. Ensure that each Box Office staff member provides the optimal representation of a professional sales organization. Specific example includes conducting regular reviews including annual performance reviews.
6. Ticket System
Act as primary liaison regarding upkeep and maintenance of Skeeters ticketing system, Tickets.com, as well as being the point of contact regarding all system training for Front Office and part-time staff. Master the administration and back-end management of the ticketing system software and demonstrate skills in processing and reconciling all sales transactions. Utilize the ticket system to provide detailed financial records and reconciliation for all ticket sales on a daily, seasonal and yearly schedule. Balance inventory and accounting on all transactions for the Senior Director of Finance.
7. Monitor, service and direct Box Office phoneline and Box Office e-mail accounts. Both of these customer contact pathways lead directly to this position.
8. Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively and frequently in a quick moving and ever-changing environment.
9. Be a team player among all employees.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years' of Box Office experience.
- 1+ years' of direct supervisory management strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of ticketing systems, policies and procedures, including event management and bar-coding systems, with heavy emphasis on Tickets.com platform.
- Must be able to work well independently, and manage, train and motivate others.
- Ability to work directly with the public on day-to-day basis.
- Must possess both strong customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Collaborative working style, with strong written and verbal communications.
- Strong work ethic, outstanding attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position is responsible for the performance, management and hiring of the employees within the Box Office Operations department.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This is a largely sedentary role.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.