Sugar Land Skeeters Coordinator, Graphic Design - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Graphic Design Coordinator is suited for creative, motivated individuals who have experience in sports entertainment and graphic design. This role will be tasked with creating graphics and videos that capture the attention of those who see them, while communicating the desired message. The ideal individual will be highly creative, organized and able to turn work projects quickly and efficiently. The Graphic Design Coordinator will need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate messaging requirements into outstanding design content. Software applications that will be utilized include: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro), Daktronics Show Control, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic, typesetting and/or illustrative material, to include multimedia concepts; writes and edits basic copy.
- Oversee all design elements, from conception to final delivery.
- Develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
- Plans production schedules for the various steps in the design process; develop workflow for multiple concurrent projects; participates in production and/or marketing planning group sessions and meetings.
- Meet deadlines with creative and finalized designs as requested by the Director of Marketing.
- Possess a strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a quality final product.
- Listen to design needs, then collaborate ideas with other members of the marketing team.
- Maintain high standards of quality; make sure only the best work is considered as complete.
- Design within the framework of the Skeeters brand guidelines.
- Collaborate across the organization to help emphasize the Skeeters standard of creativity.
- Manage graphics or photographic library and maintain digital records.
- May create and produce animated videos and animated portions of live videos using computers and video production equipment.
- Assists, and on occasion leads, in filming, editing and final production for both internal and external video content.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Arts or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of proven graphic design experience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro)
- Experience in Daktronics Show Control preferred, but not required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and prioritize results
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours: nights, weekends and holidays for baseball games or non-gameday events
- Previous work with a sports team is preferred, but not required
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This is a largely sedentary role.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.