Sugar Land Skeeters Charitable 50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Sugar Land Skeeters jobs
Sports Jobs in Sugar Land · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Astros Foundation
Supervisor: Program Manager, Community Affairs & Astros Foundation
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Astros Foundation is seeking enthusiastic ticket sellers to raise charitable funds via the 50/50 Raffle program during Sugar Land Skeeters home games. Ticket Sellers will be stationed throughout the ballpark enabling guests to purchase raffle tickets from when gates open through the end of the 6th inning.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the Astros Foundation charitable endeavors.
- Attend home games and sell 50/50 raffle tickets to guests of Constellation Field utilizing electronic system.
- Exhibit an outgoing personality; approaching ballpark guests pre-game and in-game with sales pitches encouraging the purchase of raffle tickets.
- Accurately handle large amounts of cash transactions and distribution of raffle tickets.
- Reconcile and report raffle totals to 50/50 Raffle Coordinator at close of the 6th inning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience handling cash in a customer service role.
- Charismatic personality with ability to interact positively with fan base and actively engage all guests.
- Goal oriented; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to comfortably and persuasively promote raffle sales.
- Enthusiastic and passionate; Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit fundraising a plus.
- Available to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Work will be performed in a stadium and office environment where noise/crowd levels greatly vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
- Frequent walking or standing/remaining on ones’ feet for prolonged periods of time.
- May work at heights and climb up/down stairs.
- Frequent carrying and/or transporting of objects, usually by hand, arm or shoulder.
No travel is expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.