Sugar Land Skeeters 2021 Fall Interns - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Department: Front Office Administration
Supervisor: Office Administrator
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Sugar Land Skeeters Internship Program is intended for individuals with a strong desire to gain real-world work experience, as well as a desire to work hard and give their best. Learning potential is endless in these positions and interns get as much out of the experience as what they put into it. While primarily intended as an educational experience, internships are paid and not for college credit.
Members of the Fall Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Triple-A Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience. The associates will play a vital role in planning the 2022 Skeeters baseball season (11th season) including grass roots marketing, theme night creation, ballpark entertainment, retail operations, and sales and business presentations. Interns will also gain knowledge of the off-season event execution of a year-round full-service venue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interns will experience working in different departments within the Front Office, including, but not limited to ticket operations, sales, stadium operations, marketing, media relations, community relations, retail operations and special events with heavy emphasis on Holiday Lights.
- Assist in game day and non-game day event preparation and execution.
- Assist with operation of the end of the 2021 season, planning of the 2022 season and aid in execution of our busiest season of Special Events (festivals, company parties and Holiday Lights).
- Work hours are 9:00am-5:00pm on non-game days. Weekend hours and holidays will be required for grass roots marketing initiatives and special events execution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- In pursuit or recent completion of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields is preferred.
- High level of professionalism with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- High attention to detail and deadline orientation.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
This job operates both in an office setting and in an outdoor stadium setting. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Some roles in this job will be expected to work outdoor in various weather conditions, including heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.