Tour Guide - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Coordinator, Tours
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
As a Tour Guide, you will be responsible for conducting daily tours of Minute Maid Park for fans and guests from around the world. In addition to conducting tours of the ballpark, Tour Guides serve as ambassadors for the Houston Astros by taking part in special events, birthday parties, and corporate events at Minute Maid Park.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for knowledge of Minute Maid Park, the Houston Astros, and Major League Baseball history as provided by Tours Department.
- Serve as an Astros host for daily tours, game day tours, educational tours, birthday parties, and special events.
- Conduct a walkthrough of all areas along the tour route prior to guests’ arrival to ensure we are providing a safe environment for team members and fans.
- Welcome guests in a friendly manner to Union Station Lobby prior to all tour start times and help manage and coordinate ballpark entry.
- Interact and guide visitors safely through a walking tour of Minute Maid Park.
- As part of our Astros mission, deliver positive, memorable experiences for our fans.
- Follow tours while ensuring groups stay together
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong public speaking and communication skills
- Expected to multi-task and retain information in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be personable and engaging in small and large groups
- Comfortable working with a variety of groups—families, children, and corporations
- Experience working with children is a plus
- Willingness to work independently and in a team orientated environment
- Knowledgeable of the Houston Astros and Major League Baseball history
- Ability to maintain a POSITIVE attitude while handling difficult situations is essential.
- The flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Should be able to commit at least three (3) days a week along with nights/weekends.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish is a plus
- Quick thinker – ability to handle unexpected situations – Safety is our top priority
- Flexibility is fundamental in our daily operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. While performing the duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to regularly work on your feet for long hours and climb stairs/ramps throughout the ballpark
- Position requires ability to walk long distances and stand up 4 to 5 hours without a break.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time/game day/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
All new hires will attend a general Tours and Service orientation. As a Tour Guide, new team members will receive the necessary information and tools that must be learned to successfully deliver tours throughout Minute Maid Park. All participants will be required to pass a retention exam within 60 days of employment based on the material and apply the acquired knowledge to their role as a Tour Guide in the Astros organization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.