Tour Coordinator - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Director, Guest Services
Classification: Full-Time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
This position will be responsible for assisting in the management of all activities within the Tour Department (i.e. tours, education initiatives, birthday parties, and specialty events).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in planning and coordinating guided tours of Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros
- Complete sales negotiations to increase bookings; coordinate invoices and payments
- Maintain and service all existing accounts
- Prepare and distribute contracts, reports, event sheets, special projects, and related materials
- Complete all aspects of event coordination for tour related activities
- Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects
- Oversee part-time Tour Guide Staff; including scheduling and payroll needs
- Investigate proven methods and practices for enhanced integration of classroom curricula within the educational tours program and develop baseball related materials for educators to use in connection with state testing requirements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the office
- Give tours when needed
- Provide support to the Guest Services Department in the performance of administrative and game day duties
- Other duties as assigned
- High energetic personality
- HIGH level of demonstrated professionalism
- Experience working with children IS REQUIRED!
- Flexibility to work long hours, evenings, and weekends. SCHEDULE WILL INCLUDE WORKING SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND HOLIDAYS
- Proven sales experience preferred
- Excellent event planning skills and superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects to extreme detail simultaneously and within deadlines.
- Ability to establish, develop, and maintain good working relationships with clients, sponsors, and staff members
- Outgoing personality. True definition of a “Team Player”
- Strong public speaking skills. Ability to memorize script material is a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as Reserve Interactive
- Background in tours and/or events
- Knowledgeable of the Houston Astros and Major League Baseball history
- You must be able to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A. in Business, Sport Management, Marketing, and/or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience in business, marketing, sports administration/management, hospitality, or event planning for major sporting events
- Must be able to demonstrate (by way of examples and/or experience) a high level of organization and special event management and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated quick learner with ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Position will work in an office and stadium environment. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Must be able to work in all types of outdoor weather conditions and within a stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role requires the ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands or handle or feel, and climb stairs. Position requires ability to walk long distances. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Work schedule typically runs from Tuesday-Saturday.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.