Team Travel Manager - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports to: General Manager
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
This position is responsible for and arranges travel for the Major League team and Baseball Operations department. The manager will work closely with all types of baseball operations personnel. The position is based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee all aspects of Major League team and individual travel to ensure travel, hotel, and ground arrangements are secured within cost and time limitations
- Serve as the liaison between the players and front office
- Create, maintain, and distribute team travel itineraries to all necessary parties
- Oversee player ticket and guest credential operations, including daily distribution of tickets at home and on the road
- Closely track expenses and travel finances to ensure efficient oversight of multiple budgets
- Oversee Spring Training logistical operations for all Front Office staff and Major League players and coaches
- Work with Team Security Director to ensure the safety of players during road trips
- Apply for all necessary work visas for major league players and staff
- Ensure all necessary immigration documents are obtained for club’s travel to/from Canada
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; possess advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- High general computer and internet proficiency
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills dealing with both office staff and on-field personnel
- Basic accounting knowledge (tracking expenses, creating invoice summaries)
- Attention to detail in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage staff in multiple areas
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, including all home and road games
- Ability to relocate to West Palm Beach, FL for Major League Spring Training (Feb/Mar)
- Ability to pass MLB-required background testing and drug testing for clubhouse employees
- Prior baseball experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Position will work in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and requires the ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, including all home and road games.
This role will require a significant amount of travel. This role is expected to relocate to West Palm Beach, FL for Major League Spring Training (Feb/Mar) and travel for road games.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.