Senior Strategic Account Manager - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Supervisor: Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
Classification: Full Time / Exempt
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for generating strategic new business opportunities across all departments that contribute to the overall goal of maximizing revenue for Houston Astros Baseball.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with current and prospective strategic business clients and partners by prospecting, cold calling, hosting client meetings, cultivating relationships, developing written proposals and closing revenue driven agreements.
- Assist in the development of new business strategies, marketing materials and corporate programs across all revenue generating.
- Lead and manage business relationships that are essential to delivering growth, including planning, coordinating and executing across all strategic and operational initiatives.
- Foster both traditional corporate opportunities and non-traditional business packages.
- Research, develop and maintain a list of international and national strategic business prospects for potential outreach.
- Assist in all business operation areas to meet (and/or exceed) the overall goal of maximizing revenue.
- Manage implementation on new strategic projects and processes across departments, stadium areas and teams to deliver holistic solutions.
- Size and evaluate local and international growth opportunities with a focus on expansion of business packages, international territories ,and rapidly growing or emerging business market segments.
- Maintain and build strong business relationship with intent to up-sell across departments and maintain a high renewal rate.
- Ensure adherence to special events and promotional budgets, particularly as they relate to the execution of business programs.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by department heads.
- Maintain business database records for all strategic clients and prospects through CRM software.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Assist in processing business invoices and partner requests.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while sometimes balancing varying other job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, Marketing or related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience analyzing baseball market impressions to develop strategies and revenue generation opportunities to drive the business based on sales, strategic planning, corporate partnerships or business development for MLB organization.
- Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, Marketing or related field of study.
- With a minimum of two (2) years’ experience analyzing baseball market impressions to develop strategies and revenue generation opportunities to drive the business based on sales, strategic planning, corporate partnerships or business development for MLB organization.
Work week includes evenings and weekends.
Domestic & International Travel required (20%) for client appointments.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee sometimes is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.