Retail Warehouse Associate - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reports to: Manager, Retail Operations
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Under the leadership of the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors, this position assists in maintaining inventory and delivering product orders to various outlets, in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards. This is a part-time, seasonal position that requires days, nights and weekends. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately accounts for and record merchandise upon receipt and note any discrepancies against expected/ordered quantities.
- Stocks product in warehouse; maintains inventory levels of supplies.
- Processes all store merchandise transfer/restock requests.
- Delivers product throughout the facility, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Reports all needed warehouse supplies and repairs to the supervisor.
- Keeps work area and equipment neat and clean.
- Cleans warehouse areas as assigned.
- Empties trash containers and delivers trash to appropriate dumpsters as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The 90% attendance policy will continue in addition to Retail employees being available for special events including Fan Fest, Postseason watch parties, etc. that require us to open up the Team Store(s).
The 90% equates to missing only 8 games through the season. We understand that some employees are only available to work on weekends due to school so those individuals we would expect to work every weekend there is an Astros home game. This more so applies to those that call out from work due to transportation issues, being called-in to work their other jobs, frequent family emergencies, etc.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Must be pleasant, courteous with ability to adhere to the Company’s Service Standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to read and interpret delivery forms and transfer orders.
- Ability to count inventory.
- Ability to follow job procedures and supervisor instructions.
The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the warehouse environment. May be exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold (dependent on the season). May be exposed to fumes from delivery trucks and other equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. While performing the duties of this role, the employee is required to have the ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 50 lbs. and pull heavy carts of product throughout the facility. This role requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting and reaching, during entire length of shift.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.