Manager, Business Communications with Houston Astros in Houston · TX
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Marketing & Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications
Supervisor: Vice President, Communications
This role is responsible for planning and executing a broad scope of business communications, media relations, and media events both in-season and offseason. The Manager, Communications works directly with various departments, external vendors, players, and individual media members to ensure applicable components of various business activities of various business and baseball activities including Game Day magazine, the Houston Open, Fan Fest, Astros Foundation community efforts, Special Events, are clearly communicated. The Manager also supports the broader marketing and communications departments as a key communications lead for key initiatives that drive positive and proactive media engagement as well as supporting core game day duties.
- Responsible for Game Day magazine, annual Community Report and various newsletters
- Key communications support for the 2020 Houston Open.
- Partner with special events on the execution of a broad range of non-baseball events.
- Assist with player, coach and front office media requests (newspaper, TV, online, radio) – focused on community and grassroots marketing efforts that include baseball.
- Support communications team in baseball-related projects including media guide, press conferences, gameday-related duties, media recognition events, etc.
- Write and distribute press releases for home stand details, seasonal event activities, Foundation and community outreach efforts.
- Proactively support media monitoring and partner with social media team on content and storytelling.
- Create story ideas to pitch to media (human interest, community and grassroots focused) – highlight all of the good efforts big and small that the Astros do that support fans, community, business efforts.
- Partner with content team to drive proactive photo and video content on social channels for human interest and community efforts.
- Support Executive team organizational communications requirements for events, awards, speaking engagements.
- Assist with crisis management efforts.
- Respond to fan mail with strategic communications
- Partner alongside the entire communications department to develop and maintain a strategic editorial calendar that includes proactive and targeted media pitches for key community pillars.
- Support other communications-related duties as required.
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills:
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends.
- High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity and decorum.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships across all internal departments, including creating a high level of trust with all clubhouse partners, as well as outside vendors and/or clients.
- Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to anticipate and make recommendations based on needs of department, executive team and organization
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Innovative thinker.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in media relations and/or PR communications. Sports or entertainment experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can interact well with all levels internally and externally. Strong writing and editing skills are a must.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task.
- Solid baseball knowledge definitely a plus.
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Position will work in an office and stadium environment. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment, particularly on game days/nights.
- Must be able to work in all types of outdoor weather conditions and within a stadium environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.