International Scouting Apprentice - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: International Scouting
Reports to: Assistant Director, International Scouting
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Houston Astros are seeking an International Scouting Apprentice for the 2022 season to assist with the department’s day-to-day responsibilities. The position will be based in Houston, TX.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the creation and integration of new tools into existing international scouting processes.
- Write scripts which support data collection, automation and report generation.
- Contribute to data management, organization and integration into the organization’s international scouting system.
- Upload video from scouts to support the International Scouting department.
- Collect data and perform ad hoc projects to support the International Scouting department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency with R preferred.
- Experience with SQL and SQL databases preferred.
- Experience with video editing software a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including members of the front office and scouts.
- Demonstrated passion for baseball and intellectual curiosity.
- A valid Driver’s license is required.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is part-time position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.