HVAC Technician - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: HVAC Manager, Stadium Operations
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Performs skilled tasks in the diagnosis, mechanical repair, maintenance and calibration of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and control systems including electrical and plumbing and related mechanical equipment such as controls, pumps, motors, compressors, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks such as checking equipment operation, cleaning, lubrication, changing filters, adjusting and repairing HVAC equipment and controls, etc., consistent with the Manufacturer’s Equipment Operation and Repair Manuals and standards of good practice
- Responds to temperature complaints, diagnoses problems, identifies solution, and makes necessary adjustments to assure adequate indoor air quality is maintained
- Calibrate/adjust/repair/replace temperature, humidity and air equipment and control devices such as pumps, evaporative coolers, condensing units, fan coil units, air handlers, exhaust fans, thermostats, sensors, humidistats, relays, timers, electric (digital) controls, electronic controls, damper motors/dampers, switches, and other related control devices on commercial and multi-zone heating and cooling systems
- Uses diagnostic equipment and line diagrams to trouble shoot problems and identify solutions
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals
- Previous commercial building HVAC experience, preferred
- The ability to create and read schematic diagram’s, preferred
- Basic welding, brazing, and soldering as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Work will be performed in a stadium and office environment
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Frequent operation of various tools and machinery
- Frequent standing and remaining on ones’ feet for prolonged periods of time
- Raising and lowering of heavy objects and equipment, with and without assistance
- Frequent carrying and/or transporting heavy objects, usually by hand, arm, or shoulder
- Frequent pushing, pulling and exerting force to complete tasks and assignments
- 4 years of experience with HVAC technology
- Universal EPA Certified Technician, preferred
This job operates in both an office and ballpark environment. The role is highly active, including, but not limited to include: standing, walking, crouching, bending and crawling. This position will require one to be physically active, for a majority of the time. The ballpark can be excessively loud at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely active role. The candidate must be able to crawl, stand, sit, climb and walk for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.