Front-End Developer, Research & Development - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Baseball Operations
Department: Baseball Operations
Supervisor: Director, Research and Development
The Houston Astros organization is accepting applications for a talented front-end developer to join our growing Research & Development team within Baseball Operations. This position will help plan, design, and build new user interfaces using the latest technologies for the next generation of Astros web apps to support all facets of Baseball Operations (scouting, player development, player acquisition, video, and more).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team on designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining scalable applications for Baseball Operations
- Build interactive and responsive user interfaces that facilitate end users’ interaction with baseball datasets, proprietary models and metrics, and video
- Participate in the conceptualization and wireframing of new interfaces
- Construct dynamic visualizations from a wide variety of baseball datasets, including major and minor league pitch, hit and player tracking datasets, and amateur and international baseball data
Education and/or Experience
- Interest in baseball
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Bootstrap
- Proficiency with web-based data visualization libraries such as Plotly or D3
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with mobile-friendly or responsive web design
- Experience with cloud services (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with C# or other backend programming languages
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred - 4