Engineering Technician - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Manager, Engineering
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and repair throughout stadium, Union Station, and surrounding facilities. Will have responsibilities related to construction, repair, engineering, maintenance, upkeep, and safe operations of related facilities. Assists with field and facility conversions preparing for various events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize or render assistance for stadium maintenance functions and take records of activity in maintenance inventory
- Promptly acknowledge responses to concerns and requests made by staff
- Carry out on-call emergency activities as necessary
- May render assistance in overseeing and managing the maintenance records and supplies
- Aid the Engineering Manager or HVAC Manager on distinct maintenance projects such as preventive maintenance of components of buildings
- Render assistance in ensuring grounds and common areas are tidy and free of trash and debris
- Work together with other maintenance personnel and management in organizing an essential team that successfully represents the expertise and quality standards of the organization
- Perform some duties with access control systems, refrigeration and protection systems, fire detection, building heating and other electrical and mechanical systems
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Self-motivated and able to on an individual basis with effective time management skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience with all trade tools
- Basic plumbing and electrical, painting, building maintenance and patchwork skills are essential
- Keen eye for detail
This job operates in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers, along with frequent operation of various tools and machinery. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. This position will work in various weather conditions including, but not limited to, heat, cold, rain and sunny environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a very active role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This role will include the following frequently:
- Heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time
- Raising and Lowering of heavy objects and equipment, with and with assistance
- Carrying and/or transporting heavy objects, usually by hand, arm, or shoulder
- Pushing, pulling, and exerting force to complete task and assignments
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.