Director, Content with Houston Astros in Houston · TX
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This role serves as functional lead for producing compelling content across various digital and outbound platforms. This role will oversee the services departments of creative, video and photography. Responsibilities will include the management of production schedules, communication of comprehensive plans to stakeholders, facilitating ideation sessions and spearheading the dissemination of performance metrics behind produced content to the organization. This position will partner closely with cross-functional teams in the organization to advance the Astros long term strategic approaches to content creation and delivery. This position will be a key contributor in the overall content strategy for the Astros and our affiliated brands (Foundation, Golf, Minor Leagues, etc.). A successful person in this role must be able to be directly responsible for oversight of projects from concept to completion and be a strong peer leader and developer of talent. Skills that this role must have are the ability to foster a creative environment, delegate when needed, strong management skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail and strong worth ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to strategize, develop and produce engaging content that helps drive engagement and revenue.
- Lead the overall creative, video and photography teams to consistently and proactively develop new and trendsetting content ideas for all mediums
- Partner with stakeholders inside and outside the department to effectively measure the productivity of various content initiatives and deliver results to the organization on a consistent basis
- Responsible for sharing current trends and best practices about Content creators production
- Collaborate with Media team in order to develop strategies for social platforms in order to deliver the most effective content to the Astros fanbase
- Develop the annual strategic initiatives for the Content department, as a component and input to the overall departmental plan
- Responsible for the overall management of the annual Content budget and monthly reconciliations
- Provide content solutions to all areas of the Astros portfolio (i.e. Foundation, Astros Golf, etc)
- Tracking and evaluation of current production equipment and future equipment needs
- Collaborate with MLB partners to stay abreast on updates to content initiatives and protocols
- Oversee any content contract labor bid process
- Ensure content needs for In-Game and core business are appropriately supported
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 5-7 years professional work experience (sports/entertainment preferred)
- A strong interpersonal and customer service skill, team orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and expertise with digital content platforms, creative platforms and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in content production and post-production workflows
- Proficient in existing social platforms and emerging social channels
- Experience in the curation, measurement and development of original content
- Experience managing a team and developing talent
- Ability to lead and collaborate on projects with multiple departments
- Experience in managing a budget and building strategic business plans
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Problem solving ability, and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Astros baseball is a plus
This position will be responsible for the management of a team of individuals and providing guidance and career development
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Needs to be able to lift 40lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?