Director, Advertising and Digital Marketing - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Supervisor: Vice President, Marketing
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
This individual is responsible for driving the club’s advertising and media mix strategy across tv, radio, print, digital and social mediums. This role partners with all departments in the organization to curate and share content driving revenue and engagement. The individual in this role partners with the broadcasting team to drive activation and advertising promotion with our broadcast rights holders. They will also partner with our content department to work through strategy for both brand and revenue driving content. The individual in this role will also provide centralized planning and support for all marketing and advertising for minor league affiliates, Spring Training, Houston Open and other special events. They will work with all the departments within marketing and other stakeholders on planning, execution and measurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strategic Media Plans for all promotions, events, sponsor initiatives, community initiatives, etc. and facilitate execution. Plans should be holistic and cohesive across all mediums.
- Identify overall club marketing priorities with Vice President, and plan advertising resources accordingly to drive top initiatives.
- Lead execution of advertising and media plans, collaborating across the Astros organization to drive to completion.
- Work with Business Analytics to create and identify fan segments and profiles and deliver targeted advertising campaigns to a relevant audience.
- Coordinate and align the efforts of general market advertising, social media and market development activities to the overall goals of the marketing department and organization.
- Evaluate current marketing programs and support the marketing strategy for minor league affiliates, Houston Open, Spring Training and other events.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of advertising, measured by ticket conversion and ROI.
- Collaborate with analytics to track campaign results and develop hypotheses for optimization.
- Develop ways to measure campaign effectiveness including engagement and ROI.
- Oversee and approve all advertising creative ensuring that each message fits the Astros and/or minor league brands and connects with the target audience.
- Design and oversee social media presence/strategy for all Astros social handles - and provide social support for other Astros affiliated properties.
- Lead the Advertising, digital and mobile marketing efforts for both English and Spanish language Astros.com, emails, digital, TV, print, radio and mobile
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships to develop ways to activate the Astros brand with partners and sponsors.
- Responsible for managing key advertising assets and marketing projects with broadcast rightsholders
- Collaborate with MiLB and MLBAM to create and maintain innovative website and optimize user experiences via web, mobile, and social.
- Assist in idea creation and execution of gameday promotional calendar to integrate into overall sales/marketing campaign.
Reporting and Analytics
- Provide reports of the effectiveness of all advertising campaigns including email, social, digital and mobile.
- Develop methods to better track the effectiveness and results of digital, print, radio and TV advertising
- Work with analytics and insights to develop fan profiles and utilize those profiles to target messaging and ensure that communications are relevant.
- Utilize Scarborough research and other available databases to research and recommend methods to reach targeted fans most effectively.
- Responsible for the overall social media strategy of the club and aligning that strategy to advertising efforts and club and marketing goals.
- Proactively research trends, best practices and emerging technologies to stay on the forefront of new media and establish the Astros as a leader in social media.
- Partner with all stakeholders to create a social media strategy and calendar for all marketing priorities.
- Proactively utilize social media analytics to determine the most successful posts, campaigns and improve interaction and ROI.
- Lead strategy for social planning and content across all Astros and affiliated social channels
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in advertising and digital marketing. Sports or entertainment experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can interact well with all levels internally and externally.
- Detailed oriented, organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong peer and direct leadership skills – ability to develop and manage talent.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Position will work in an office and stadium environment. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
- Must be able to work in all types of outdoor weather conditions and within a stadium environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.