Coordinator, Major League Video and Advance Information - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports to: Manager, Advance Scouting
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Houston Astros is seeking an excellent individual to add to its Major League Video and Advance Scouting department, the group tasked with preparing the Astros Major League Staff and Players for the upcoming opponents. The Coordinator of Major League Video and Advance Information will work closely with the Manager of Advance Scouting and the Advance Scouting team to assist with all aspects of the department. The person hired for this position is expected to bring substantive baseball and technical skills from day one. Additionally, this position requires someone with a high level of attention to detail, great work ethic, strong communication skills – both written and verbal, superb organizational skills, and exceptional time management. This position will be based in Houston.
Essential Functions & Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capture, record and store video for all assigned Major League activity
- Assist coaches with data capture technologies
- Assist and educate players and staff regarding the function and use of all video tools
- Oversee the operation and implementation of all video tools in the Major League domain
- Produce advance scouting reports for Major League players and coaches
- Analyze and organize video playlists for Major League coaching staff and players
- Conduct research to improve team strategy and performance
- Synthesize research and communicate actionable insights to advance scouting team
- Assist with all other Advance Scouting duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with other Baseball Operations tasks as bandwidth allows
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent working ability with Microsoft Excel
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in time-constrained environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced understanding of video technology
- Video analysis or scouting experience with an MLB Club or major online presence highly preferred
- Professional/collegiate playing, coaching, or scouting experience preferred
- Coding experience with ability to write SQL queries preferred
- Native or full professional Spanish language proficiency preferred
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Prolonged periods of time on one’s feet may also be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Significant travel is expected in this role, particularly for Spring Training and the regular season.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.