Content Production Apprentice - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director, Content
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (TEMP)
The Content Production apprentice will work closely with Marketing and other departments to capture photography and video to help drive organizational initiatives. This position will assist our internal team of photographers and content producers by helping to manage digital assets, archive files for efficient recall, and learn how to build the content foundation to support an organization at an enterprise level. Through a mix of hands-on shooting, editing, digital asset management, and job shadowing, this position will help set up the employee for working in a content department in the sports industry.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in creation of photography and videography that can help inter-departmental stakeholders reach their respective goals
- Assist content team in developing visual assets that support sales and builds brand loyalty in the Houston Astros and affiliate brands
- Work within brand guidelines and any established campaign structure to establish consistency in all creative outputs
- Execute and produce different creative content for all Astros initiatives
- Assist in organization, labeling, and archiving of photo and video assets
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- In pursuit or recent completion of a bachelor’s degree in Photography, Film, Marketing, Communications or a related field is preferred.
- Experience shooting sports photography or videography.
- Experience editing using Adobe Creative Suite, both photo and video
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, ie: around games, concerts, and other live events
- Awareness of and interest in latest digital and social media trends shaping professional sports and live entertainment, ie: live and breathe the cross-section of sports, pop culture, music, fashion, art, entertainment
- Solid understanding of design and production software
- High level of professionalism with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Superior attention to detail and deadline orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain discretion concerning confidential team information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on excel and word preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
ALL applicants MUST include a link or web address to any of the following on their resume:
- Portfolio website
- Online photo gallery of work
- Multipage PDF
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.