Business Strategy & Analytics Analyst - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Reports to: VP, Business Strategy & Analytics
The Analyst position is responsible for collecting and synthesizing information, conducting analysis, and presenting insights to support strategic business decisions. This position will work across Astros and affiliate business operations teams to collaborate on solutions and implement new initiatives. The Analyst will be a key contributor to the department mission of increasing long-term revenue, improving the fan experience, and creating operational efficiency.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform research and build data sets from available internal and external sources
- Extract meaningful observations and insights from research and data sets to support fact-based decision-making
- Build predictive models to support ticket forecasting, ticket pricing, marketing and advertising allocation, and operational planning
- Write, build, and analyze fan-focused research surveys
- Support data capture through internal systems and empower business owners to leverage the information available to them
- Identify opportunities to share best practices across our business and support process changes
- Present data insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Provide additional support for on-going Business Strategy & Analytics projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, or other data-related discipline
- 1+ years of related experience business, consulting, finance, sports and entertainment, or related fields
- Strong understanding of statistics e.g., predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, and experimental design
- Experience working in SQL and R or other statistical programming language
- Experience working with data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and promptness
- Ability to learn quickly and be resourceful
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience leading projects and interacting with clients and/or other business units
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience designing and writing primary research surveys
- Passion for baseball
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.