Account Executive, Premium Sales - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Supervisor: Senior Director, Ticket Sales
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
This position will be responsible for premium sales goals and contribute to the overall goal of maximizing revenue in all premium areas of Minute Maid Park.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials and programs that relate to the premium areas
- Continuous solicitation of new business through a progressive cold-call campaign
- Handle incoming premium focused calls
- Actively prospect and research new sales leads
- Assist in all areas to help meet (and/or exceed) sales goals for premium areas
- Maintain a high renewal rate with intent to up-sell
- Maintain and extend current client relationships
Operations and Customer Service
- Maintain database records for all clients and prospects through CRM software
- Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects
- Assist in processing invoices and additional ticket orders
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow up and communication skills
- Possess exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while sometimes balancing varying other job duties
- Contribute positively to the sales team atmosphere by developing a strong working relationship within the office
- Assist in distribution of promotional items for suite holders throughout the season
- May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications- Required Competencies & Skills:
- Flexibility to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity and ability to maintain sensitive information and appropriate decorum
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with clients and other staff members
- Persuasive personality and strong relationship building and networking skill
- Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work
- Ability to anticipate needs within department and outside of immediate responsibilities
- Must be very organized, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Orientation
Travel is infrequent but may be necessary for client appointments.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree in marketing, sales, business administration or related field or 2+ years of relevant and related experience in premium sales (sports or entertainment environment)
- Demonstrated quick learner with ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with different personalities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing, proposal creation and organizational skills
- Creative marketing and sales minded individual
- Able to demonstrate a high level of organization and sales resourcefulness
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee sometimes is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred - 3