The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Assistant, Stadium Operations - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Director, Ballpark Operations
Classification: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This is a two-team state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
As a member of the Stadium Operations Supervisory Team, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. In this role, you will assist management with the safe and efficient operation of The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches all while creating a fun and friendly atmosphere as we strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises gameday operations staff by training to and maintaining ballpark standards, policies and procedures under the direction of management.
- Assists management with gameday operations and procedures; monitoring assigned areas for policy compliance, safety concerns and guest/staff behavior.
- Ensures The Ballpark at Palm Beaches stays “game-ready.”
- Analyzes, facilitates and resolves any issues to diffuse potential situations (notifying management if needed).
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Able to take initiative and/or work in an independent setting.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year work experience in a customer service or hospitality environment required.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills- ability to communicate with staff.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to assist management with the direction the work activities of gameday staff.
- A passion for working with and helping people.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Basic knowledge of PC based computer applications.
- You must be a local resident, or willing to relocate.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time. Position may require standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and/or climbing up/downstairs or ladders. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 25lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.