*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen. *
Title: Retail Associate
Department: Stadium Operations
Classification: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Fitteam Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
In this role, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. Individuals must be willing and able to ensure excellent customer service to every visiting fan. This position requires a friendly, outgoing personality to sell retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards.
Essential Duties/Job Requirements:
- Help the Fitteam Ballpark at Palm Beaches stay “game-ready” by fulfilling your assigned game day duties.
- Stay up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payments, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Set aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworm or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Previous experience in cash handling preferred.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale preferred.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team setting.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to perform physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb up/down flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store.
- Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.