Manager, Marketing & Engagement - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Department: Business Operations
Reports to: General Manager
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of The Palm Beaches is the Spring Training and minor league player development home of the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. It is a 160-acre Complex located in West Palm Beach, Florida. In addition to the main stadium, the facility features 12 full-sized and 2 half-sized baseball fields, grass parking areas, 3 lakes, plus surrounding landscape areas. In addition to hosting both the Astros and Nationals, the venue hosts over 250 events annually, including amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community and corporate events, weddings and banquets, festivals, concerts and more.
As a member of the Business Operations team, this role will be an essential part of the day-to-day management of the LLC and will lead the venue’s outbound engagement as it pertains to fan-facing marketing, game presentation and fan experience and community relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and oversee all media planning and paid media purchasing
- Main point of contact to Astros and Nationals marketing departments, working to identify new marketing opportunities, create and share contact and scheduling and deployment of e-mail messaging
- Develop annual budget and oversee P&L for marketing, game entertainment and community relations budgets
- Responsible for overseeing all digital and social media channels including facility website and Team.com/Spring websites
- Work with Ticketing and Corporate Partnerships department to disseminate messaging to all public constituents
- Manage facility public relations, including the pitching of stories to receive earned media, as well as serve as point of contact to Astros and Nationals public relations departments
- Create community focused initiatives with local non-for-profit, business and governmental groups that establish the venue, the Astros and Nationals and civic partners of Palm Beach County and its residents
- Responsible for the overall design and production of marketing materials, including but not limited to, annual marketing campaigns, in-stadium and website graphics, digital advertising, content generation, ticketing and sponsorship initiatives.
- Incorporate branded campaign elements throughout multiple executions including a variety of creative projects such as advertisements, social media, promotional displays and signage.
- Oversee 50/50 raffle program
- Oversee facility’s production operation, including game days during Spring Training and work together with Astros and Nationals production and game entertainment departments to create venue experience
- Oversee venue’s phone systems and digital infrastructure, serving as main point of contact to facility’s 3rd-party IT provider
- Manage administration of the Ballpark Office’s front desk and administrative functions
- Lead administrator of annual Internship Program, assisting department heads in the recruitment and training of seasonal intern staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in a professional sports environment, preferably Major or Minor League Baseball.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong communication skills- ability to communicate with staff and third party.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to assist management with the direction of work activities for gameday and event staff.
- A passion for working with and helping people.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC based computer applications.
- You must be a local resident, or willing to relocate.
This job operates in an office and event environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time. Position may require standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and/or climbing up/downstairs or ladders. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 25lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.