Field Operations-Lead Crew Member/Equipment Operator - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is located in West Palm Beach, Florida and is the spring training home of the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. Opened in 2017, the complex includes state-of-the-art stadium and team clubhouses, batting cages, 2 artificial turf agility fields, 12 full-size and 2 half-sized baseball fields, 5 multipurpose fields, as well as the surrounding landscape areas. We are seeking highly qualified, energetic, professionals that will assist the Director of Field Operations in managing the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Field Operations crew works to prepare and maintain baseball fields, common areas and facility grounds year-round for games, practices, and special events. Assists with maintaining plants, trees, and shrubs around the facility.
- Assists with dragging base paths, clay repair and tamping of pitching mounds and homeplate areas.
- Learn to mix clay and assists with resurfacing designated ball field areas.
- Hand water infield areas as needed.
- Assists with setting up fields for batting practice.
- Assists with pulling tarps to cover fields during in-climate weather.
- Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities including restrooms, dugouts, concourses, parking lots, lakes, and all open use areas.
- Assists with all baseball and non-baseball events and activities set-up and break down.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards in performing all work assignments.
- Perform manual labor including lifting heavy weight, stooping, bending, digging, and twisting to maintain facility grounds and fields.
- Assists with maintaining turf by mowing, edging, and removing debris.
- Maintains outside landscape of turf, trees, shrubs, walkways, and parking lots.
- Rakes leaves and clean walkways, fields, and other facilities.
- Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes and hedge and line trimmers.
- Other duties related to facility maintenance as assigned by the Director of Field Operations.
- 1+ years Field and turf maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience operating turf equipment preferred.
- 2 or 4 year turf maintenance degree or related field preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Hiring is contingent upon the passing of drug screening and background check.
Physical Requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 60 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical groundskeeping hand tools, implements, and power equipment on a regular basis for long periods of time.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Per Florida statute, we will allow for approved exceptions: (1) medical reasons (not limited to disabilities), which include pregnancy or anticipated pregnancy; (2) religious reasons; (3) COVID-19 immunity; (4) periodic testing; and (5) the use of employer provided PPE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.