*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, must then fully complete the Fitteam Ballpark of the Palm Beaches application process on follow-up screen.*
Fitteam Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use though Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Corporate Partnerships is primarily responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the sale of integrated sponsorship packages. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will sell fully integrated marketing, media and promotional programs that include marketing rights, signage, game sponsorships, promotions, event marketing, media exposure and select premium seating elements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the General Manager to implement the goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all corporate sales programs and activities.
• Achieve corporate partnership revenue goals and budgets.
• Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorships, advertising and premium seating partnerships for the venue and special events.
• Regularly call on clients and make sales presentations away from the primary place of business
• Design sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners.
• Identify key open categories and new categories as prospective new business leads.
• Renew and grow existing corporate sponsorship and media partnerships through continued outstanding service and up selling of additional sponsorship assets into current partnership agreement.
• Track prospecting, sales and inventory, and manage sales reports.
• Prepare advertising, sponsorship and premium seating contracts and addenda; identify issues with contract language; address issues with and make recommendations for resolution; negotiate corporate sales pricing and other rates as required.
• Work to coordinate the fulfillment of all aspects of contractual obligations including tickets, signage and other branding and promotions.
• Meet with corporate partners and outside agencies to get all branding created and placed in a timely manner.
• Oversee the service of corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, partner gatherings and client entertainment events.
• Manage corporate sales and select premium seating inventory in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Research and track industry best practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sports sponsorship/arena sales.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, public relations, business administration, hospitality management, or other related field.
• Experience in the Palm Beach County marketplace a plus.
• Proven track record of generating new business and retaining clients.
• Excellent network of local and regional corporate contacts. National network preferred.
• Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
• Possess the ability to establish relationships within all levels of the company as well as with sponsors and clients.
• Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
• Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
• Demonstrate creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
• Strong sales proposal experience and presentation experience.
• Ability to spend time on the road conducting sales pitches to new prospective clients.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
Position will work in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Due to the nature of this position, the position requires hours of work and days that include frequent nights, weekends and holidays.
Occasional domestic travel will be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.