Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Seasonal Account Executive, Inside Sales - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Department: Ticket Sales & Operations
Supervisor: Director, Ticket Sales & Operations
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events and more.
The primary role for this position is to generate new ticket revenue for the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals through selling season tickets, partial ticket plans, group tickets, single game luxury suites and premium inventory. Revenue will be generated via outbound phone calls, ballpark tours, networking and community events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sell new full season tickets, partial ticket plans, group tickets, single game luxury suites, and other premium inventory
- Coordinate and execute sales calls on potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and
- referrals from current customers.
- Represent the organization at in-house ballpark events and off-site community events.
- Maintain computerized records of all ticket customers, sales activity and prospects with CRM system.
- Attain individual and department sales goals as set by department.
- Visit prospects and customers during home games/events.
- Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales windows, visit clients)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field
- Desire to be a sports industry leader
- Ability to make 100-125 outbound calls per work day.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Proficiency in basic computer software programs
- Consistent and punctual.
- Bilingual is a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to travel around West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled office environment.
- This position may require walking long distances and standing for long periods of time in a stadium environment.
- Requires ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Seasonal Account Executive will be compensated $10.50 per hour as well as eligible for commission based on sales.
Location & Timeline:
- This is a full time (40 hours per week), seasonal position intended to last mid-October through the end of Spring Training (late March).
- This position is in West Palm Beach, Florida.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.